In my defense, it’s hard to update a blog as a trucker!
My next run was to Providence, Rhode Island area. I wanted to run up to Boston to check out the TD Garden as I have yet to see, but it would have cost me too much extra and ruined my schedule for my next run.
My next run was phenomenal, I went too…Grande Prairie..ALBERTA! That’s right, a 2100 mile drive, going past Edmonton and into the farthest northern spot I’ve ever been. Moose signs a-plenty, it was Canada heaven for almost a week. I went in via Portal, North Dakota, enjoying Saskatchewan and up to Edmonton in two days. I was in search of Albert and Claude Moose, two more dolls I wanted wearing an Oilers and Flames jersey. I had last seen them a year ago at the Flying J in Saskatoon. Naturally when I got there and saw they were no longer in stock, I cried over my Denny’s pancakes and apologized to Pierre for not being able to locate his brothers. So you could imagine my shock and glee when I entered the Flying J in Sherwood Park (a suburb of Edmonton) and found Claude the Flames moose. Unfortunately, they were all sold out of Albert. At any rate, I’m so happy to welcome this new moose in to the family.
Afterwards I got to explore Alberta 43 into the gorgeousness of the northern prairies. I didn’t get to explore Grande Prairie as I was scheduled to ride the 5pm greyhound back to Edmonton, but it was a far larger city than I expected. Aftewards, I met with my tow partner Jerry at the Greyhound and we made it into Innesboro for the evening. The next day, I got to stop at the Lloydmister Mall where I got my Canucks jersey. They said they had a Cory sale and everything was sold out. :( They did carry XS Oilers jerseys, which further proved my point that the NHL is full of shit when they say, “we don’t make XS jerseys!”. I got myself a baby doll Oilers tee since I never got to see their team store.
We also stopped in Yorton, SK where I got to meet an online friend, a fellow Queens of the Stone Age lover. It was so nice to surprise someone like that, and to meet someone I’d known for two years. Okay, maybe I’m nuts?
We got to the Flying J of Winnipeg for the evening camp out, leaving me disappointed to find they only had Jets bears, I guess they don’t like moose around there.
The next morning we went straight to downtown Winnipeg and I got to see the MTS Center for the first time! That area, Assinaboine, I thought it was pronounced ASS-IN-BONE, so naturally I had a good American laugh. At the team store, I got a Bogosian tee and almost caved into a gorgeous XS Jets jersey and jacket, but my inner jewness reminded me not to waste money. I snapped lots of pics before we went back to the car to find….it gone. We had been towed by the city!
They said we parked too close to the bus stop. A bus stop that was behind a parking meter, the one that we parked like 5 feet in front of. Luckily getting the car back was only $100, so we split it. But we still plan to fight the city. Friendly Manitoba my ass! Alas, I will not let this poopstain my opinion of the Jets! I wanted something of the Manitoba Moose but I found nothing. I would especially like the Cory Schneider bobblehead, but I’m sure that would end with me in the ER because I would accidentally fall with my legs spread out and Cory’s head winds up lodged in my vagina. Hockey season is almost here, I can feel it!
No comments:
Post a Comment