Okay that was a lame joke, but I attended a Wild game last night vs the Winnipeg Jets! It was my first hockey game of the year, and I am sure it is far from my last! My awesome-o work partner Jerry is a Wild fan from Minnesota so it was his suggestion we go. Oh how well he knows me!
I have both a Wild thermal shirt and a Jets tee from my vast collection of souvenir tees from all of the arena's I've seen. I ended up wearing the Wild tee since it was cold as balls, but I topped it off with my Canucks jersey. Can't go to a game without wearing my jerseys. :)
The arena was very nice and we only paid $17 on stubhub for some gnarly seats. I was impressed with the turnout on a weekday: it's clear Minnesota gives a hoot about hockey. A lot of Jets fans were present as well, supporting in a lot of vintage Jets jerseys from ze 70's. There was a bus outside afterwards called Beaver Lines, something tells me that was how the Jets fans traveled.
It wasn't the greatest game because of so many missed passes and bad puck handling, but I was just happy to see hockey! It could have been worse- it could have been any of the Rangers games this year. I was hoping the Jets would get a goal to tie it because I love shootouts, but the game ended 2-1 Wild. I look like crap in the pic of me, don't judge! It was a super early day with a flight from Dallas to MSP.
No comments:
Post a Comment